Show Soup Can Theatre Some Love - A Special Valentine's Cabaret Fundraiser!
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
07:00 PM until 11:00 PM
Love your Squeeze so much that you want to celebrate Valentine’s Day with them twice? Don’t have a Sweetie Pie, Snookums, or Snuggle Bunny to call your own but still want to bask in the cloyingly saccharine glow of love? On February 12th, grab a pocketful of cinnamon hearts and join Soup Can Theatre at the Hard Luck Bar for a jam packed evening of pre-Valentine’s Day entertainment! Our stellar line-up includes:
- The Dirty and Delightful Ditties of Comic Chanteuse Jenna Warriner
- The Sensual and Seductive Burlesque of the ‘Nerd Girl Pinups’
- The Comically Sh!tty Sleight of Hand of Shoddy Magician Steve Boleantu
- The Sauced and Saucy Musical Musings of Liza Minnelli [aka Jeni Walls]
- The Mind-Bending Side Show Feats of Steve Winchester of ‘Winchester Mind Over Body’
- The Hilarious Shenanigans of Sketch Troupe ‘Fratwurst’
- The Smooth Stylings of Singer-Songwriter Jeff Giles
- The Macabre and Practical Advice of H.P. Lovecraft [aka Leeman Kessler], Youtube Star of ‘Ask Lovecraft’
- The Side-Splitting Antics of Sketch Troupe ‘Rulers of the Universe’
- The Artful and Poetic Songs of Musical Renaissance Man Mickey Rodriguez
If that wasn't already incentive enough, be one of the first 50 people to join us and receive a complimentary gift bag filled with sweet edible treats!
You can also pick up some serious swag for that special someone! We've got amazing raffle and silent auction prizes – with treats, tickets, and gift certificates galore - generously donated by local companies and artisans including:
-The Condom Shack
-The National Theatre of the World
-Buddies in Bad Times Theatre
-The Lower Ossington Theatre
-Hart House Theatre
-Young People's Theatre
-Fly By Night Theatre
-Good For Her
-Old Spaghetti Factory
-Vintage Shop ‘Of a Kind’
-'Who Do You Love' Photography
Where: The Hard Luck Bar - 772A Dundas St. West (at Bathurst). Please note this venue is not wheelchair accessible.
When: Tuesday February 12th, doors at 7pm.
How Much: Pay-What-You-Can ($10 suggested donation).
All proceeds from the evening will be going to our upcoming double-feature of one acts: Samuel Barber's 'A Hand of Bridge' and Jean-Paul Sartre's 'No Exit', running March 27-30 at the Tapestry New Opera Studio in the Distillery District!
For more information and updates, please visit: http://www.facebook.com/events/456649791051500
Pay-What-You-Can ($10 suggested)
The Hard Luck Bar
772A Dundas St. West (At Bathurst)
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.