Fall head over heels in love with a form of pizza that has as much crust as topping. Detroit-style pizza is the anti-thin crust, a crispy crunchy caramelized mozzarella-inflected crust that will have you begging for more. The toppings are as much fun as the crust. House favourite Truff-Ghi is ooey gooey cheeses, garlic that’s been roasted long and slow for sweetness, onion marmalade, cremini mushrooms and smoky bacon. OrThe Good Old Days, with marinated roasted red peppers, house-made fennel sausage, red sauce, basil aïoli, parsley and grana padano. Almost as much fun as their house desserts, which change weekly. Pray for lemon thyme posset, super-creamy lemon mousse topped with crumbled ginger snaps. The best ending to a carnival of carbs.
- 1168 Queen St. East, Toronto (map)
- Chef: Chris Getchell
- Cuisine: Pizza
- Cost of dinner for two: $30.00
- Hours: Tues. to Sun. 11:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Reservations: Yes
- Meals served: Lunch, Dinner
- Veggie-friendly: Sometimes
- Wines available: 3-4 wines, beer, cider
- BYOB?: Yes
- Corkage fee:
- Patio: No
- Private party area: Would do it
- Wheelchair accessible: No access to bathrooms
- CC accepted: Yes